COVID19 VACCINE MANDATE: PER DDS – ALL STAFF MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED & BOOSTER DOSE
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At A Bright Future, Inc. we strive each day to ensure that our company’s goals, values, and beliefs is to provide top notch service to our clients as well as our employees. We believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We provide consistent leadership and on-the-job training to assist our employees with personal and career growth and development. We also encourage all managers and supervisors to involve employees at all levels in creative problem-solving methods. We have found that this interaction and discussion and encourages ideas to improve the workplace and increases productivity. A Bright Future, Inc. delivers competitive and outstanding service to our participants and partner with vendors align with our Company’s goals and values. We all share a “Let’s find the solution!” team attitude to ensure continued growth and prosperity.
Mental Health Providers provide necessary instruction to participants as well as to assist them with maintaining their independence and safety in the community.
Reports to: Program Supervisor and Program Director
Job Type: Part Time to Full time
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with intellectually disabled adults, prefer ILS experience, or special education teaching experience.
- An appropriate combination of experience and education may be substituted for some part of the qualifications.
- Some evidence of competency in training areas we teach.
- Reliable and safe transportation and auto insurance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CPR and First Aid training, or willingness to be trained within 30 days of employment.
- TB clearance within 30 days of employment.
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance (prior to employment).
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screening (prior to employment).
- IHSS provider certification in the county(s) of placement within 30 days of employment.
- Prefer behavioral training, knowledge of Regional Center System servicing developmentally disabled.
- Referrals from previous employment necessary.
- Willingness to update any and all personnel certifications, clearances, and reports as required by agency policy or licensing/Regional Center Requirements.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear; regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach within arm’s length; lift and move objects weighing up to 40 pounds; possess visual acuity; and possibly drive during their assigned work shift.
- Implement program curricula.
- Directly deliver individual and group learning experiences to assist each participant served in obtaining his/her IPP objective for which A Bright Future is responsible.
- Maintain data regarding participant progress.
- Maintain data regarding participant progress.
- Participate in participant assessment, planning and evaluation processes.
- Prepare teaching material for Independent Living Skills Training and Support Service sessions.
- Schedule participant session time and programming according to their Individual Service Plan and the Training domains.
- See Individual participants in their home to train, teach and provide support in: money management, nutrition, cooking, comparison shopping, emergency procedures, community education, medical procedures, counseling and crisis intervention, and housing.
- Provided training in rations determined by current vendorization, and in accordance with the least restrictive environment philosophy (1:1 staff; client ratio, unless otherwise specified)
- Coordinate participant training programs with other programs with which they are involved.
- Report suspected abuse immediately to supervisor, case manager and other appropriate agencies as instructed. Complete special incident report within 24 hours.
- Keep participant files up to date at the home of the participant.
- Assist participant in coordinating with other programs, services and benefit systems, such as Social Security, AFDC, WIC, Food Stamps, counseling, Planned Parenthood, etc.
- Understand and convey, in your interactions with your participants and other agencies, the participant-centered philosophy of A Bright Future.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, and monthly individual meetings with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Paid comprehensive initial and ongoing training program of 40 hours consisting of classroom training, online training and job shadowing/observation
- Paid Sick/Leave Time
- Annual performance reviews with potential wage increases
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance for qualifying full-time employees who work at least 30 hours per week
- 401k (eligibility begins after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive training including in-field observations, coaching, and ongoing monthly training.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and competitive pay.
- Mileage reimbursement and paid drive time.
- Paid time off.
- Regular social events, sporting events and company-sponsored volunteer activities