The Mental Health Specialist II participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team offering comprehensive youth development activities, case management, and supportive counseling to students in the South Brunswick School District.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides case management and youth development activities to students.
- Interacts with children and adolescents (ages 5-18 years) in a therapeutic, supportive manner.
- In collaboration with school district personnel and in consultation with their supervisor identifies appropriate youth development activities for students and families.
- Documents assessments, interventions, and interactions with parents and students in accordance with unit policies.
- Makes home visits as indicated by record review.
Rutgers also offers a benefit program to eligible full-time postdoctoral fellow students. For details, please go to https://finance.rutgers.edu/healthcare-risk/insurance/postdoctoral-health-insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, education, child development or related field.
- Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Applicants possessing a degree in social work must have an active New Jersey certification/licensure as required by the State Board of Social Work.
- Knowledge of child development (ages 5-18 years).