Schedule: Grave Shift (12:00am-8:30am). Full-Time positions are benefits-eligible. See below for details. Full-time and part-time available.
Pay Rate: $19/hour
Rate Explanation: $15.50/hr base, plus $1.50/hr differential through June 2022, plus $2/hr differential for grave hours worked.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Denver Apartments offer permanent supportive housing for individuals who have mental health issues and are clients of Volunteers of America, Utah’s Assertive Community Treatment team. There are staff members on-site 24-7 and mental health services are provided by professionals of the Assertive Community Treatment team. This position helps maintain the safety of our 22 apartment complex and provides on-site supervision, individual assistance, and support to residents living with serious mental illness.
- With assigned resident contacts, complete weekly meeting and file updates. Making sure to document and share pertinent information regarding progress. Engaging residents utilizing trauma informed and motivational interviewing practices.
- In coordination with the Assertive Community Treatment Team, provide assistance to residents including but not limited to: assisting residents in accessing services offered at the Denver Apartments; case management, information, and referral services; educating residents regarding available services and benefits; and assisting residents in maintaining their living environments.
- Document all case management services provided to residents.
- Check email at the beginning of each shift and attend staff meetings.
- Control the outside doors of the building and grant entry to residents and visitors to the property.
- Complete hourly rounds of the building and property to identify any issues or safety concerns and have a physical presence in all areas of the program.
- Model cultural standard in the program of cleaning up after one’s self and leaving all areas and items in an equal or better condition.
- Complete shift log meeting form for every shift worked.
- Complete incident reports, contact on call staff and police, when necessary, regarding unsafe or illegal activity.
- Maintain confidentiality of residents in all interactions and keep staff areas locked when not using.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years of experience working in human services or a related field.
- Meet the requirements needed for case management certification in the State of Utah, refer to: https://dsamh.utah.gov/education/certification/case-management
- Attend provided trainings on motivational interviewing and trauma informed care.
- Ability to utilize all the tools provided that will assist in your work (i.e. phone, computer, fax, etc.)
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, residents, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with residents, volunteers and co-workers.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Organize, prioritize and independently complete multiple tasks.
- Stay current with resources available to residents
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk through the entire building and outside property, including stairs.
- Ability to stay awake for assigned shifts.
- Pass Utah DHS – Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with paid time off and cash bonuses
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offers $19 an hour