Full Job Description
Day – 8hrs (United States of America)
At CHOC Children’s, we strive to be the leading destination of children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care. We are responsible for the overall health of our community’s pediatric population in our hospitals, clinics, and practices. And because of our breadth of care, your career at CHOC Children’s can be as diverse and fulfilling as you determine. CHOC Children’s compensation structure, benefits offerings, and career development programs are geared to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. Apply now to see where your career at CHOC Children’s can take you.
The Licensed Mental Health Therapist I utilizes independent judgement and expertise to provide mental health services to patient and their families. Duties may include mental health and diagnostic assessment, treatment planning, consultation, crisis intervention, intervention, case management, and discharge planning.
- Required: Minimum two (2) years of post-graduate school mental health experience working with children and families.
- Preferred: Two (2) years or more of post-graduate school mental health experience working with children and families in a healthcare setting.
- Required: Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work from an accredited school of Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work.
- Required: None.
- Preferred: Previous LPS designation. Experience with Department of Mental Health documentation.
- Required: Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; provide leadership; be assertive and consistent in enforcing policies; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; lead, supervise, teach, and collaborate; accept direction. Fluent in written and spoken English. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal relationship and collaboration skills. Ability to use computer and software programs necessary to the position, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to think critically; work independently; manage multiple assignments; compose written materials; problem solve; organize and prioritize workload; pay close attention to detail.
- Preferred: Bilingual.
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS); Licensed Marriage & Family Therapy (LMFT) – CA or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – CA.