Are you looking to work with an engaged team and motivated faculty? Are you looking to collaborate and learn from obesity medicine providers, dieticians, nurses, and bariatric surgeons to provide state-of-the-art and innovative quality care to patients struggling with obesity? Then we have an exciting role for you!
Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Department of Psychiatry seeks to hire an Obesity Medicine – Bariatric Psychologist to join our Psychology team at the Weight and Wellness Center at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center located in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- developing and providing expert services for patients struggling with obesity in the Weight and Wellness Centers,
- conducting pre and post bariatric surgery psychological evaluations,
- participating in interdisciplinary team-based care,
- teaching and supervision of psychology interns in our APA approved internship, post-doctoral fellows, and medical trainees, and
- collaboration in scholarly activities.
Ideally we are seeking a candidate whom has experience and interest in obesity medicine and/or bariatrics.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock Has To Offer You
- Established patient base
- Collegial and inclusive environment and referrals
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center
- Competitive compensation, benefits and relocation
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New Hampshire Has To Offer You
- Unmatched quality of life
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- No sales or income tax!
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region. With destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
Cover Letters Should Be Addressed To
Mary Kay Jankowski, Ph.D.
Director of Psychology Services
Completion of a doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program.
Completion of a predoctoral internship from an APA- or CPA-accredited internship program.
At least one year of postdoctoral training in obesity medicine and/or bariatric psychology.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills
Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the state of NH.
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Practice
- Health Care Provider