Ivy Woods Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Occupational Therapist to join our team. Our therapists are members of the CommuniCare family, and this is not a contract position.
The Staff Occupational Therapist assumes part and/or full-time responsibilities in an assigned facility. This is a professional position with the primary responsibility of evaluation of patients and direct patient care. Occupational Therapists collaborate with patients, caregivers, and/or significant others to develop functional goals that identify strengths, deficits, and address barriers that hinder occupational performance in roles and activities that are meaningful or necessary for that individual. Additional duties of an administrative nature may be assigned by Therapy Director or facility Executive Director.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform evaluations, screens, and treatments of facility patients/residents who are in need of Occupational Therapy services.
- Review medical chart and screen prior to completing evaluation to determine patients need for services and ability to benefit from skilled services.
- Perform evaluations under physician order and develop a treatment plan in accordance with patient’s needs.
- Implement treatment plan through direct treatment and education of treatment staff, which includes therapists and other members of team involved in the treatment plan
- Address training in self-care skills, training in the use of adaptive equipment, compensatory techniques and environmental modifications, and behavioral and mental health issues.
- Remediate instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) related to the patient’s discharge environment.
- Provide necessary supervision for Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and students.
- Provide treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures, and productivity standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to spend 82-85% of work day in direct patient care.
- Maintain professional growth and development by participating in continuing education programs and other approved learning experiences.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical record, facility, and rehab related information.
- Maintain accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures daily.
- Attend/Lead interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members of the rehab team.
- Attend and participate in family meetings when appropriate.
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Conduct staff/family training and education when appropriate by formal and informal in-services as well as consultations.
- Review and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation.
- Assist with and participate in Quality Assurance programs as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- The Occupational Therapist must have a Bachelors and/or a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Holds a current state license
- Competency in therapy treatment and evaluation principles, techniques, materials and equipment utilization
- Knowledge of state and federal accreditation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to travel as necessary
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, “to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others.” Through this effort we create “Caring Communities” where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.