Facility: AURORA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: 4.23 This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you’ll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry’s global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company’s success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This position oversees and maintains custody, care, and control of detainees within a facility’s mental health program, while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and monitors the activities of detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas.
- Coordinates and monitors detainee movements, conducts counts, and provides emergency response as needed.
- May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services, special housing, perimeter security, transportation, work details, reception, intake, and visits officer, etc., as required by management.
- Provides security in program activities and supervises labor crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on detainees.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required.
- Completes training courses as required by facility training standards.
- Performs security duties for any shift as defined by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, crisis intervention, de-escalation techniques, security services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Ability to interact with detainees who have a mental illness in a professional and supportive manner.
- Ability to recognize behavioral signs of increased psychological distress and to interact in such a manner as to deescalate a potential crisis situation.
- Ability to communicate observations of a detainee’s potential mental health concerns to a psychologist or other mental health professional employed at the facility.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling twenty-four (24) hour period.
- Work experience in a security environment setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible and able to command the respect and confidence of detainees and staff.
- 21 years of age or older
- pass a background and drug screen
- US citizen
- Salary Offers $27 an hour