About the job
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that’s dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families .®
The Psychiatrist provides initial evaluations of residents with mental or emotional problems. Offers counseling and psychotherapy to adolescent residents in distress.
- Function as an effective member of the mental health team.
- Oversee psychiatric care of all clients and carry a case load.
- Review medical concerns/history for potential resident for medical clearance at the request of Admissions.
- Ensure that psychiatric evaluations are performed on each client within 48 hours of admission.
- Attend to clients requiring psychiatric assistance while in treatment.
- Attend weekly Treatment Team Meetings.
- Liaise with staff Medical Director, Clinical Director and other necessary treatment team members.
- Assist Newport Academy Outreach Team forge relationships with hospitals.
- Work in collaboration with APRN.
- Document patient encounters through weekly progress notes and EMR.
- Coordinates psychology services with direct care and clinical staff as indicated.
- Assist with providing cross-coverage to Psychiatry team cases when needed.
- Assist with patient admissions including initial evaluations and initial assessment documentation.
- Provide collateral/liaison contact to patient families
- Assist with utilization reviews for clients.
- Maintain excellent communication with other members of the clinical team
- Complete discharge recommendation assessments as part of collaborative discharge summaries.
- Work in a collaborative environment including maintaining requirements of Physician Collaborative Agreements.
- Administrative duties including staff schedules.
- Doctorate in Medicine (MD).
- Board Certified in Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry.
- Licensed in the State for which you are applying.
- Experience with adolescent psychiatry preferred.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
- Mental Health Care
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Health Care Provider
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work