Full Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE
Direct Service to Consumers Assume quality of care for all people served. Adheres to the highest standards of medical practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times. Provide emergency and crisis intervention during routine working hours. Provide on-call coverage during non-routine hours (as agreed upon) Assist the Medical Director and Practice Manager in establishing medical policies, quality improvement procedures, evaluating current practices, policies and procedures. Recommend changes in all clinical areas, and/or in general areas to improve the person served flow, medical records, billing practices, and appointment practices. Assist the Medical Director and Practice Manager in designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs for Employer person’s served and clinical staff. Maintain an affiliation with professional groups, medical associations, and medical organizations. Other duties as required by the funding agencies to carry out contractual agreements and/or as established by Employer Management and Board of Directors; including but not limited to becoming familiar with the Federal and State rules, regulations, and practices in a community family and behavioral health centers and becoming familiar with Federal and State Health care program requirements and assist in carrying out these programs. Review reports of incidents and accidents occurring on the Organization’s premises which pose a potential danger for consumers, visitors, or employees of the Organization. Other services within the general scope of this Agreement as reasonably requested by the Medical Director and/or the Practice Manager.
Collaboration with Others:
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to treatment teams.
- Provide education to the staff about relevant clinical issues in both formal and informal settings.
- Participate in administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to serving, as needed, as an ad-hoc member of appropriate committees (Risk, Pharmacy, Utilization Review, etc.) and such other committees as the Organization may designate from time to time.
- Communicate appropriately, following confidentiality guidelines, with internal and external providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Medical record documentation will be in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Physician license and a controlled substances registration with the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Abide by the credentialing and re-credentialing policy.
- Maintain participation in Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party payer programs as required by administration.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy required
- Pennsylvania Medical License; Board certified or eligible in Adult Psychiatry
- Experience with Psychiatric Services to adults with serious mental illness and those with serious mental illness with co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Valid Drivers’ License required.
- Must be able to obtain ACT 33/34/73 clearances upon hire.
ABOUT PITTSBURGH MERCY
We’re a community-based health and human services organization using person-centered care to treat our area’s most vulnerable populations. We work with individuals and families in settings that are safe and familiar to them, and view them as equal partners when planning, developing, and monitoring care.
Our mission is to be a compassionate, transforming presence within our communities. We reach out to offer help – and hope – to people who are experiencing:
Mental illness and substance abuse
Physical health needs
Traumatic events or circumstances, including homelessness + abuse
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work