Full Job Description
Why Join Our Team:
- Full service Level II Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center
- We provide a wide range of minimally invasive surgical procedures using robotic assisted technology
- Specialty care in advanced heart and neuroscience care, comprehensive cancer services, orthopedics and women’s health
- Robust Medical Education program consisting of 18 accredited residency and fellowship programs
- Affiliated with Michigan State University College of Medicine
- Southfield is known as the business and leisure center of southeast, Michigan
- Central location with easy access to highways
- Southfield is home to more than 100 Fortune 500 Companies
- Home to Evergreen Hills Golf Course, year-round city sponsored events and festivals, and an abundance of parks and recreational activities
- Culturally diverse community
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do:
- Part-Time (20 hours/week)
- Inpatient rounding and ER consults.
- Weekend coverage is on a rotational basis with the other Psychiatrists – minimum of 1 weekend/month.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate behavioral medicine care.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary behavioral medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education) as requested.
- Participates in inpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need:
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BE/BC in specialty.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Visa Eligibility: None Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Right to Work
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work