About the job
This position is located at WOMACK Army Medical Center in the Department of Behavioral Health.
This is an employed civilian Physician (Psychiatry ) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, CME opportunities, and a first-class health and retirement benefit package. We are seeking ordinary people with extraordinary hearts to care for the men and women who wear and have worn the uniform and their families.
Named after Medal of Honor recipient, PFC Bryant H. Womack, we are a fully accredited 110-bed, evidenced-based regional medical center and GME facility serving Fort Bragg, the home of Airborne and Special Operations and the largest U.S. Army installation in the world. We manage several outstanding Primary Care practice sites located in Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, Hope Mills, and Linden Oaks.
Womack is located in Fayetteville, Fort Bragg which is 2 hours from the beach and 5 hours from the Appalachian Mountains with easy access to I-95 and all points north and south. This central North Carolina location enjoys seasonably palatable weather year-round. Many facilities and services are offered such as first class golfing venues and renowned universities, a skeet range, riding stables, ice skating rink, state-of-the-art fitness centers, daycare, star-quality dining, full service banking, convenience shop, barbershop, and florist.
Fayetteville, NC: http://fayetteville.northcarolina.com/
Womack Army Medical Center: http://www.wamc.amedd.army.mil/
As a Physician Psychiatrist you will:
- Provide treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Provide routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- US Citizenship required.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
This position is located…
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Medical Practice
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work