This position administers assignments in support of For the Strength of Youth (FSY) program sessions operated for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints within approved budgets. The administrator leads or participates in other department activities to which they are assigned. This position will be assigned to hire and oversee seasonal FSY Health Coordinators and act as the department liaison with Risk Management in response to Health Coordinator tasks. Additional assignments may include leading and serving on department committees, assisting in the hiring of seasonal core leadership employees (young adults), supervising assigned seasonal employees, evaluating programs and personnel, and other assigned support duties.
- Interview, hiring, train, and supervise Health Coordinators to work at FSY sessions throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- File online medical incident reports, Workers Compensation reports
- Collaborate with BYU and Church Risk Management teams
- Oversee Health Coordinator Training as well as Protocols for FSY Staff Handbook, including:
- All Health Coordinator Training sections
- Emergency Procedures
- Guidelines for Youth with Medical, Dietary or Behavioral Needs?
- Common Questions about Participant and Staff health concerns
- Maintain excellent relations with various university, Church entities.
- Lead department evaluation and planning efforts for different program and department processes and activities as assigned by the Department Director in different process or program areas. Assess program needs and structure solutions to meet those needs in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist the Church in the evaluation and planning of FSY activities.
- Oversee the interviewing and hiring of seasonal Health Coordinator employees for FSY program.
- Supervise ongoing work of assigned part-time student employees.
- Train assigned employees, evaluate their work, and provide appropriate feedback and corrective discipline.
- Prepare budget for FSY Health Coordinator associated costs and manage operations within the approved budget area.
- Approve and execute transactions in compliance with all university and Church financial, hiring, purchasing, and payroll policies and procedures.
- Monitor financial activities of Health Coordinators.
Minimum education/experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of related work experience OR the equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Previous experience in the field of health care and risk management.
- Previous experience in training emergency procedures.
- Previous experience assessing medical, dietary, and behavioral needs.
Skills, abilities, knowledge, licenses, certifications:
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills necessary to plan, administer, and evaluate programs.
- Demonstrated ability to track complex details of multiple projects and events at various stages of completion.
- Demonstrated public relations skills working positively with important constituents including ecclesiastical leaders, volunteers, and patrons.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and administer budgets, track important metrics (medical incidents, workers compensation incidents, and expenses), and provide accurate financial analysis and forecasts.
- Excellent computer skills including prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in mental health training.
- Interviewing, organizing, supervising, creative thinking, and marketing experience.
- Prior experience with BYU software applications to manage program operations is helpful.
- Experience ordering and managing supplies (shirts, phones, bags, medical supplies, etc.) as needed.
Employee Class: Administrative
Work Location: Provo Campus
Environment: Rare presence of abnormal variations in temperature and exposure to outside conditions
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Close Date: 05/10/2022
Pay Level: 52
Approximate Starting Salary: $57,000 to $74,000 (DOE)
Documents Required at time of Application:
Required: Cover Letter, Resume
Optional: Letter of Recommendation 1
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
- Salary Offers $57,000 - $74,000 a year