About the job
Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others at the two primary facilities. Has respect for and understanding of other disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Ensures improvements in practice setting by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Maintains theraputic milieu to provide safe environment for crisis stabilization. Provides psychiatric consults to patients who present to the Emergency department onsite at Fairfax ER, via telepsych at other Inova ERs or Urgent Care facilities, or at IPAC walk in clinic. Assesses needs and formulates collaborative treatment recommendations.
- Responsively answers calls in call center, displays professional customer service skills, knowledge of resources, and referral processes.
- Communicates and collaborates consistently with the health care team members, patients, and families at all facilities to maximize patient outcomes.
- Delegates patient care activities to other health care team members appropriately.
- Keeps informed of department initiatives, and incorporates the outcome of the team and committee work into practice.
- Participates on department teams, work groups, or committees.
- Demonstrates willingness to give 100%, and voluntarily assists others.
- Works with department to achieve maximum productivity.
- Recognizes behaviors that impact team function, and implements strategies to optimize teamwork.
- Acts as a role model. Facilitates and collaborates in the development and implementation of an educational plan for identified needs.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals.
- Seeks new knowledge toward progression of goals.
- Demonstrate evidences of self-development by participating in formal continuing education activities.
- Assesses environment for potential safety problems and addresses safety concerns identified, in accordance with psychiatric and hospital safety standards.
- Conducts patient safety rounds as assigned, in accordance with psychiatric safety standards.
- Supports therapeutic milieu concepts, as defined in our mission statement.
- Assesses individuals, including individuals considered to be seriously mentally ill (SMI), experiencing psychiatric and/or behavioral high risk crisis, to ensure the safety of the patient, family, and community, in accordance with hospital and Behavioral Health guidelines.
- Formulates treatment options to include patient needs and preferences, with focus on the best practice of utilizing the least restrictive intervention that will work for the patient, while maintaining all appropriate safety standards.
- Explores all resources available within Inova and throughout the community, to ensure the proper level of care is provided to the patient. Works closely with Community Service Board staff to ensure patient safety and appropriate care for patients being involuntarily detained, in accordance with Virginia statutes.
- Recommends appropriate level of care, in collaboration with Emergency Department Physicians and/or on-call Psychiatrist and inpatient/outpatient treatment providers, or IPAC Physician.
- Documents assessment, decision making and patient outcomes, in accordance with hospital and Behavioral Health guidelines.
- Assigns working diagnostic impression for Axis, I-Axis5, including current Global Assessment of Functionality (GAF). Presents and maintains all information necessary to secure preauthorization for insured patients.
- Seeks appropriate supervision for those patients presenting in the Emergency Department or IPAC whose assessment or outcome is particularly difficult or complex.
- Master’s of Social Work(MSW), or Master’s in Counseling, or PsyD or PHD in Clinical Psychology/Counseling, or related masters degree.
- 5 years of experience working in the psychiatric or mental health field with the seriously mentally ill.
- Licensed in Virginia as LCSW, or LPC, or PsyD, or PhD.
- CPR Certified by Start Date
- Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work