About the job
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners-Provides oversight and delivery of psychiatric services to children, adolescents, and adults served by Klamath Basin Behavioral Health. This position may be provided by Telehealth or move to Southern Oregon and work in our clinic located in Klamath Falls, Oregon. KBBH is a National Health Services Corp certified worksite providing the benefit of student loan repayment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
1. Conduct and complete Initial Psychiatric Evaluations including diagnostic formulation, clinical risk assessment, and treatment recommendations.
2. Prescribe, administers and review medications of assigned clients. Regularly monitor side effects of prescribed medications. Provide clients with information necessary to make informed consents. Provide back up support to other members of the medical team.
3. Orders and monitors laboratory studies, metabolic parameters, and other tests needed to safely monitor consumers’ ongoing psychiatric health.
4. Consultation and referrals to clients Primary Care Providers and other specialists for management of the client’s physical health care.
5. Coordination with others involved in clients care such as: Pharmacies, Caregivers, Case Managers, and Therapists for continuity of care.
6. Maintain standards of confidentiality and documentation. Provide thorough and timely documentation using electronic based medical records.
7. Consultation with on-site board certified psychiatrist, and PMHNP is surrounded by an excellent team made up of other PMHNPs, FNP-PMS, 2 nurses, and a medical assistant.
8. Loan repayment is available through National Health Services Corp. Relocation assistance and license transfer fees may be provided.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Holds a minimum of a Master of Science Degree in Nursing.
2. Possesses an active Nurse Practitioner license in the state of Oregon.
3. Holds certification in Family Psychiatry by the ANCC (or in adult/child/adolescent psychiatry by another approved accrediting agency).
4. Possesses an active DEA card with Schedule II stimulant privileges.
5. Possesses a Medicare UPIN.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license, insurable driving record. Personal automobile insurance is required if agency business is conducted by the employee using his/her personal vehicle. Must possess an active DEA card. Must maintain an active nurse practitioner license, PMHNP certification and DEA.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $96,000.00 – $143,000.00 per year
- Mental Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work