About the job
UltaCare Medical is a medical group that specializes in providing healthcare to nursing homes. The group seeks a Psych NP for one of the nursing homes it serves in Energy, Illinois.
With the guidance of a collaborating psychiatrist, the PMHNP will provide continuous and comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders and health maintenance. This includes the assessment, diagnosis and management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders. The PMHNP will work collaboratively with nursing home staff and other medical providers of the facility to produce improved care for nursing home residents
The role involves visiting the facility one day each week. As result. this is a great PT job or job for extra income in addition to a current role. The pay is per visit and during 4-8 hour day the clinician can make a very high hour rate of pay. This can be combined with other facilities that might be available to make up a full-time role is that is of interest. Through the 4 days month, the clinician will cycle through all residents with any mental health disorder or on any mental health medication to make ongoing evaluations and recommendations for medication use.
Primary Duties Include
- Review psychotropic medications in accordance with CSM guidelines.
- Make medication recommendations to the medical staff onsite and follow up for medication effectiveness.
- Offer guidance and instruction related to psychiatric illnesses to staff at designated facility.
- Meet monthly for over site from supervising psychiatrist to review charts and receive education/guidance.
- Maintain open communications with patients, families and/or responsible parties, facility staff and attending physicians.
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving others in the plan of care as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and upholds highest level of professionalism.
- Communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment.
- Experience working in an inpatient setting
- Experience working in a nursing home
- Experience with geriatrics
- PMNHP certification strongly preferred but not always required
About UltaCare Medical
UltaCare Medical was built to elevate patient care for Seniors. Often times this includes us increasing the availability of care by embedding providers wherever they live. We believe that everybody deserves immediate access to high quality care which is our “UltaCare.” As opposed to facilities that may have providers that “round” , our providers are onsite full-time. “Rounding” providers can’t spend the time needed with every patient. They have to choose which patient’s they see when they are onsite because they may only be onsite for a half a day, once a week. Our providers are on-site, on demand full-time. Patients are seen when they need to be seen and providers can spend as much time as needed, not 5 minutes because they have to get to the next patient because they are only there for that half-day.
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work