About the job
ALTA Healthcare Services is seeking a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Specialists to work in its Gaithersburg office in Montgomery County. The PRP Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the rehabilitation services of clients by initiating services with each client referred for PRP services; obtaining authorizations for their services; conducting initial intake assessments; collaborating with each client’s treatment team periodically; and creating their Individualized Rehabilitation Plans.
Primary Job Duties
- Authorizations- The Rehabilitation Specialist will submit client referral forms for initial authorizations to Optum Maryland, and concurrent authorizations every six months for continuing clients in the programs and will resolve issues related to authorizations, if they arise.
- Intake Assessments- The Rehabilitation Specialist will conduct initial intake assessments with new clients referred to PRP services. The Rehabilitation Specialist will also review consent forms with new clients and file their documentation appropriately in the clients’ electronic and physical files.
- Collaboration- The Rehabilitation Specialist will collaborate with each client’s treatment team; to include, as applicable, his/her Counselors, therapist, psychiatrist, service coordinator, and family members. The Rehabilitation Specialist will utilize the information gathered from the team to obtain concurrent authorizations from Optum, as well as use data in the development of the client’s Rehabilitation plan.
- Individual Rehabilitation Plans (IRP) – The Rehabilitation Specialist will utilize the information gathered from the client’s intake, to create initial IRPs that is in compliance with COMAR. The Rehabilitation Specialist will also review IRPs periodically but at least once in six months to be in compliance with COMAR using documentation from the previous period of review, treatment team collaborations, and any other supporting documentation and face to face meeting with the consumers.
- Education- The Rehabilitation Specialist shall educate all PRP Counselors as to how to provide rehabilitation and employment services to clients by identifying the rehabilitation goals and measuring the outcome of the goals periodically to be in compliance with clients’ IRP..
- Strong Desire to work with clients who have severe mental health conditions.
- Knowledge of health information related to adult health and mental health, including co-occurring mental health and intellectual disability conditions of individuals.
- Work as a team member with co-workers and agency staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of clients and Individuals with co-occurring Intellectual Disability and Mental Disorders.
- Good clinical understanding of mental health and diagnosis in the DSM V.
- Commitment to maintain networking relationship with community service providers.
- Have a valid Maryland Driver’s License, auto insurance, and accept travel assignments on the job as directed by the program.
- Current Licensure in Maryland as a licensed mental health professional.
Education & Experience
- Licensed in the State of Maryland as LGSW or LGPC; OR a Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner certified by US Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association. An LCPC or LCSW-C is highly preferred and will be eligible to negotiate higher rate of pay.
- Masters Degree in any Social Sciences disciplines.
- Two years experience working in the mental health field in a supervisory role.
- Mental Health Care
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work