Full Job Description
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
About Veritas Collaborative
Veritas Collaborative is a national healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
The Psychiatrist is responsible for providing primary psychiatric care, case management and some medical functions in the behavioral healthcare setting, consistent with the facility’s policies and procedures and with the Medical/Professional Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations. Provides assessments, treatments and case management to patients and families. Is a resource person to healthcare professionals concerning psychosocial problems, community resources. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in QI activities.
- Provide all aspects of patient psychiatric healthcare, including evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and consultations of psychiatric and eating disorder conditions.
- Provide evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of psychiatric and common Eating Disorder associated medical conditions.
- Work closely with the Utilization Review team facilitating peer-to-peer insurance reviews, determination of appropriate levels of care, arbitration of clinical appeals, etc.
- Provide direct psychiatric services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications
- Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees
- Handle psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations and court evaluations
- Supervise and provide necessary medical services
- Develop and supervise the treatment plans of assigned patients
- Liaise with families of patients
- Supervise and consult on medical screen reviews
- Participate on quality assurance, educational, and professional committees as assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director
- Participate in program development with Medical Director as assigned
- Participate in on call schedule rotation as required
- Develop and/or participate in research protocols as approved
- Provide medical education to family, patients, and staff, in formal groups and ongoing in formal or informal basis
- Reviews patient records prior to admission and determines appropriateness for admission to facility.
- Other duties, as assigned.
At Veritas Collaborative, all full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Paid-Time Off and 401(k).
- Pay Type
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work