At Oceans Behavioral Hospital Hammond, healing is our focus. We are passionate about helping adults and seniors manage the challenges associated with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues. Utilizing proven, innovative and progressive therapies, our qualified professionals strive to promote long-term wellness through a range of inpatient and outpatient psychiatric counseling and treatment options.
The Psychiatrist’s responsibility is to utilize advanced professional skills and abilities in the treatment of patients with various mental health disorders. Responsible for diagnosing, treating, and helping to prevent mental illnesses found in patients seeking treatment interventions in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Collaborate with other Psychiatrists and other providers. Provide medical and psychiatric expertise in the evaluation and treatment of patients with emphasis on psychopharmacology, differential diagnosis and evaluation of mental disorders.
- Render reasonable and appropriate treatment to inpatients and outpatients of the Hospital;
- Keep and maintain (or cause to be kept and maintained) appropriate and timely records relating to the Services rendered by him hereunder and in the normal timeframe required by the Hospital and Employer;
- Attend to all billing reports, charge sheets, claims, and correspondence required in connection with the Services rendered by him hereunder;
- Take all reasonable actions necessary to maintain and improve his professional skills, including attending professional meetings and education programs to continue Physician’s medical education;
- Participate in the Hospital’s professional and community education programs related to field, as requested by Hospital;
- Act in a manner which furthers the professional image of the Hospital and take such action as may be necessary to maintain and encourage the Hospital’s relationship with its patients and other professionals;
- Develop treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral disorders;
- Treat patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications;
- Maintain historical records by documenting symptoms, medications and treatment events, writing summaries.
Must have MD in Medicine, 48 months of Medical Residency in Psychiatry, Active Medical License in the State of TX; and Psychiatrist Board Certification is required
Must successfully complete CPR certification and an Oceans approved behavioral health de-escalation program.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work