Full Job Description
Job Number: 21-401-5508
Why join us: Integral Care has proudly served Travis county residents for the past 50 years. As the largest provider of behavioral health services in Travis County, we are dedicated to improving the lives of adults and children living with mental illness, substance use disorder and intellectual and developmental disabilities.
By joining our team, you will find rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we can help improve the quality of life for the people we serve. Imagine your career at Integral Care!
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous vacation/holiday/sick leave
- Life and Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) retirement account
- 401(a) employer contribution retirement account
- Gold’s gym membership discount
- Mileage reimbursement
Psychiatrist Job Summary: Serves as a psychiatrist in a community mental health setting providing medical services within scope of license, training, credentialing, and current standards of care and per quality criteria of the employer. Determines and documents evidence of psychopathology, if present, and makes a diagnostic formulation. Assesses the client’s needs and options to satisfy the requirements of the case. Discusses with the client his/her findings and recommendations. Decides whether initiation of treatment is urgent: medication, labs, other diagnostic tests, hospitalization, social setting, detox program; verifies that written consent for medication of client has been secured, documents therapist’s plan and/or completes other referral/medical forms as appropriate. With consent of client, carries out treatment plan, documents in a prescribed manner the interactions during sessions and progress of therapy. Discusses his/her opinions and/or findings with therapists and makes recommendations when indicated. Works harmoniously with Unit Manager(s), Associate Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer to define and deliver quality clinical medical care for all clients with the units.
Demonstrated capabilities in medical practice and clinical administration and management. Meets all other criteria for employment and medical staff appointment, as appropriate.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school is required. Successful completion of psychiatric residency approved by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or equivalent body.
- Licensed to practice medicine in Texas. Current DPS and DEA licenses and Board eligible.
- Current and valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- One year of clinical experience in mental illness, substance abuse and/or emotional problems.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm.
Salary: $201,390 – $257,961 annually depending on licensed experience.
Integral Care strives to maintain a diverse workforce. We encourage all to apply, including those who have knowledge and/or experience working with underserved populations, including Asian and Pacific Islander, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, and LGBTQA communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.
For specific positions, additional compensation may be available to those who are bilingual in both English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, or Burmese. (PM16)
- Salary Offers $201,390 - $257,961 a year
- Remote Work No remote work