About the job
The ACT teams Psychiatrist partners with the multi-disciplinary team to deliver comprehensive mental health treatment to individuals who have a mental illness that seriously impairs their functioning in the community. Serving those whose needs have not been met by traditional clinic-based approaches, this innovative, recovery-oriented, ‘best practice’ intervention delivers treatment to people in their homes, shelters, parks and anywhere else they happen to be living, engaging them in a sustained relationship that leads to recovery. ACT Teams are a mobile interdisciplinary team of professionals (psychiatry, nursing, social work, rehabilitation).
- Must be licensed as a physician by the New York State education department and certified by, or be eligible to be certified by, the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Preference is given to those who have experience working on a multi-disciplinary mobile team
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient in MS Word/Excel. Ability to research material via the internet.
- Bilingual in any language a plus not required.
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement.
SUS is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. SUS is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Mental Health Care
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work