It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. See below job description:
Job Specific Information:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1. Assess individuals for mental health disorders and make appropriate DSM diagnoses. Ensure that services are delivered in a medically appropriate manner and care provided is in compliance with service definitions and best practices.
2. Review past treatments, evaluations, and other relevant information in order to develop an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
3. Prescribe medication when appropriate.
4. Request diagnostic lab work when appropriate.
5. Maintain all necessary documentation and records which are necessary in the daily work of psychiatry in a timely manner. This may include the use of an Electronic Health Records (EHR) system.
6. Provide education to individuals to aid in understanding their diagnoses and recommend appropriate treatment. Involve/educate family members and other supports in treatment when appropriate. Encourage individuals to participate in mental health therapy when appropriate.
7. Collaborate, coordinate and consult with other providers such as counselors, psychologists, social workers and medical staff of other local providers, including but not limited to state hospitals, local hospitals, other community agencies, primary healthcare providers, CCNC, public Health Departments, Federally Qualified Health Clinics in order to discuss treatment plans, progress in services and where appropriate, the medical aspects of the person being supported and the implications for their physical healthcare needs.
8. Participate in staffing of complex or high-risk individuals with other program staff.
9. Provide clinical supervision of all assigned physician assistants and nurse practitioners who will be added to his/her North Carolina medical license as the collaborating physician.
10. Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Maintain certification in all agency, state and federal training requirements.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as service definitions related to specific program areas.
12. Follow service definition guidelines for services being provided.
13. Complete all other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
14. Driving and travel may be required.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D): Psychiatry (Required)
Amer Board of Psych and Neuro – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, MD – NC Medical Board, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) – NC Division of Motor Vehicles
Adult/ Child Post-Residency Experience, Adult/ Child Residency Experience
1056054, Adult/ Child Post-Residency Experience, Adult/ Child Residency Experience, Amer Board of Psych and Neuro – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Doctor of Medicine (M.D) – Psychiatry, MD – NC Medical Board, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) – NC Division of Motor Vehicles
Ability to change routine in a positive manner, Ability to sit and stand for extended periods, Ability to solve problems as they arise, Build positive relationship with people supported, Communicate for conversation/telephone use, Communicate for emergency information systems, Competitive work output, Contribute to a positive work environment, Demonstrate strong organizational skills, Effective oral and written communication, Effective reading skills, Maintain safe work environment, Maintain stable work behaviors daily, Must have proficient interpersonal skills, Must participate in decision-making, Must possess adequate individual coping skills, Must respond appropriately to emergency situations, Work independently, making sound judgements
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work Full-time remote work