Summary of Psychiatrist Position: To provide psychiatric services to patients at WIHD which includes initial psychiatric intake, medication management and follow up care. This position will be both in person and remote.
- Performs an initial psychiatric evaluation and, where available, reviews past psychiatric history and medications. To perform a comprehensive intake on patients newly registered to WIHD.
- Establishes and documents a psychiatric treatment plan including, where needed, medication therapy.
- Review lab and psychological updates and reports on patients. Meets with patients to observe response to medication and to follow up on side effects of meds should any occur.
- Provide patient education and updates to patients, where capable, and/or their caregivers for the purpose of patient care. To have good communication with WIHD patients and caregivers to enhance patient care.
- Order appropriate lab work and required consults and to refer WIHD patients to consultants to enhance patient care.
WIHD provides the broadest array of health services and medical specialties in Westchester and beyond to serve the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities. In addition to primary care, we offer many behavioral health resources including psychiatry, neurology, and behavioral psychology. WIHD offers appointments with medical specialties from cardiology to podiatry, as well as comprehensive dental care. We evaluate and meet our patients’ needs for shoes, braces, and wheelchairs. We don’t just treat diseases — we promote health and wellness in our patients.
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
Knowledge of:MS Office
Kind and Length of Experience: M.D. degree with successful completion of residency in psychiatry. Three to five years experience preferably in an outpatient medical or behavioral health setting. Experience in serving individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Psychiatry License in NY (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work