This position can be full time or part time. You can choose to work part time 16 hrs/wk or full time 32 hrs/wk. These positions are located in the Placer County Jail.
The need is 16 hrs/wk on for the normal jail population. One 8 hour day at the Auburn facility and one 8/hr day at the South facility in Roseville.
They also need 16 hrs/wk for the JBCT program (Jail Based Competency Treatment Program). These hours will be at the Roseville facility.
You can work part time or combine the 2 for a full time position with full company benefits.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the psychiatrist will be responsible for the mental health program at the county’s correctional facilities.
Education for Psychiatrist:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
Experience for Psychiatrist:
- Prefer correctional/detention facility experience.
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
- Current, unrestricted state license as a physician.
- Current DEA license.
- Current life-saving certification.
- Provision of all required medication prescriptions and medication monitoring.
- Provision of ongoing individual counseling as required.
- Referral of all 5150 eligible patients.
- Supervision of LMFT.
- Respond to psychiatric emergencies as identified.
- Conduct monthly focused audits of a minimum of five charts and report semi-annually to the Quality Management Committee a summary of these findings.
- o Deficiencies will be identified and recommendations for corrective action will be made.
- Review and countersign records of patients seen by mid-level providers and RNs as required.
- Countersign all verbal and telephone orders.
- Participate in Quality Management and Peer Review meetings.
- Monitor hospitalized patients to assure a timely return to the detention facilities.
- Attend Quality Assurance and administrative meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work