Over the course of six decades, Samaritan Daytop Village has adapted and grown – in its mission and reputation – into one of the state’s largest and most respected health and human service providers. Today, Samaritan Daytop Village annually serves over 33,000 New Yorkers in need with more than 60+ locations throughout 10 counties including New York City, Long Island and the lower Hudson Valley. Samaritan Daytop Village offers opportunities for a meaningful and challenging career in the health and human services field. We are looking for proactive, team-oriented employees to join our organization. Join us so you can connect and learn about why you’d make a great addition to the Samaritan family! Samaritan Daytop Village: Where Good Lives™
We are currently seeking an Addiction Psychiatrist (MD) for our soon-to-open Support and Connection Center – a first of its kind in the Bronx. The Support and Connection Center is a joint initiative supported by DOHMH, ThriveNYC, and NYPD that gives first responders an alternative to avoidable emergency room visits or criminal justice interventions. The center will provide 24/7/365 client-centered, short stay, engagement and stabilization/treatment alternative for guests who are experiencing non-emergency psychiatric symptoms, drug use and/or non-emergency medical issues. The Center will hold a maximum of 25 guests at any given point, with a 19 bed capacity. Length of stay varies from a few hours to as much as 5 days. All referrals will be made by NYPD drop-off to the Center. Once a guest agrees to the Center referral, the NYPD officers will escort the guest to the Center for check-in. Guest participation in Center services is voluntary and will be in lieu of arrest/prosecution, if there was an underlying arrest diversion related to the police encounter/contact. The Samaritan Daytop Village’s Support Center will provide true integration of Mental Health, Substance Use, and Medical Care to guests in need of support.
What we can do for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Sign On Bonus
- Paid malpractice with full coverage
- Work that makes a difference and impact your community
- Flexible schedule
In this role you will:
The Psychiatrist shall serve as the primary team psychiatrist and shall provide direct clinical care in a licensed program. The psychiatrist will work closely with the behavioral health team that consists of other psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and social workers. He/she will be an integral member of the team and provide treatment to patients in the behavioral health continuum. The psychiatrist shall provide onsite psychiatric emergency crisis management, consultation, and participates in clinical training and staff development
What qualifications do you need:
- A graduate from an accredited Medical School.
- Current New York State MD/DO license.
- Valid DEA registration and authorization to prescribe Buprenorphine OR must obtain within six months of hire depending on designated program needs.
- CPR/BLS certificate.
- eMedNY Provider.
- Active NPI.
- At least five years of prior work experience with substance abuse population, working with the underserved, child/adolescent and adult population, transient populations and clinical co-morbidities (co-occurring mental health, substance abuse and physical health problems).
- No current investigation by a representative or agent of any governmental body including Federal healthcare programs (Medicaid or Medicare), healthcare organization, or any professional society, due to allegations of substandard client/patient care, medical negligence or unethical behavior; no prior restriction or termination of clinical privileges by the medical staff of any healthcare organization or a state or federal medical license/certification/registration; no Office of the Inspector General (OIG) or General Services Administration (GSA) sanction.
- Completion of an accredited residency program in Psychiatry.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and EMR.
- Board Certification in Psychiatry and Neurology with a subspecialty in Addiction, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry preferred.
- Willingness to work beyond normal hours and shifts with on-call capability.
We also offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 401k Pension and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Voluntary Programs: Enhanced STD / Critical Illness / Accidental Injury / Universal Life / Hospital Indemnity
- Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits Accounts
- Employer paid short-term & long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $250,000.00 – $300,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
All staff are required to wear a face mask/covering and vaccination requirement.
- MD License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Salary Offers $250,000 - $300,000 a year