About the job
Job ID: 85635
The New York University Grossman School of Medicine World Trade Center Health Program Clinical Center of Excellence (NYUSoM WTCHP CCE) is looking for a part-time psychiatrist to join our team.
NYUSoM WTCHP CCE is one of seven centers established by the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 to care for 9/11 first responders. The NYUSoM WTCHP CCE is administered by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) as part of the WTC Health Program.
Overview Of Mental Health Treatment Program
The Mental Health Treatment Program within the NYUSoM CCE provides confidential mental health services, including evaluation and treatment, for NYUSoM CCE members at no cost. The mental health team is comprised of psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, postdoctoral fellows and research assistants with expertise in occupational stress and posttraumatic sequelae.
Program Goals Include
- Treating or referring for treatment all individuals who are enrolled WTC responders at the NYUSOM CCE who present themselves for treatment of a WTC-related health condition and/or medically associated WTC-related health condition as certified by the WTC Program Administrator.
- Administering structured and semi-structured assessments of disaster-related exposure and response.
- Providing evidence-based treatment for WTC-related mental health conditions.
- Integrating practice-based evidence into treatment.
- Conduct psychiatric examinations including assessment and treatment through a combination of psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, and medication for patients of the WTC Health Program Clinical Center of Excellence
- Complete WTC certifications and determinations per program rule
- Attend Mental Health Lab meetings
- Board Certification in Psychiatry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in Spanish Preferred
- Experience in assessment of WTC responders and writing psychological research reports strongly preferred.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office required, experience using a statistical analysis package (eg, SPSS or SAS) very helpful.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
- Hospital & Health Care
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work