Exciting opportunity to join an outstanding team of behavioral health professionals at HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital in the beautiful Florida Panhandle.
- Licensed Advanced Practice Professional (PA or APRN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certified
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience preferred
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) required within 30 days of hire
- Oversight and direct care of psychiatric patients.
- Primary APP leadership, able to collaborate with multi-disciplinary team for well-coordinated care of patients.
- Able to demonstrate clinical knowledge of psychiatry and maintaining the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Effective communication skills as evidenced by the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Ability to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and addressing them in a caring and consistent manner.
- Accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others
- Employed position through HCA – Physician Services Group
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, HCA Healthcare retirement plan, 401K, CME, relocation, dues and subscriptions allowance, and malpractice insurance
About HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital:
- 48 bed, adult only, inpatient psychiatric treatment center
- 8 bed ED crisis intake suite
- Inpatient and outpatient ECT therapy
- Partial Hospitalization Program and Intensive Outpatient Programs available
- 90th Percentile in Patient Satisfaction
- 267-bed, HCA Healthcare hospital and Level II Trauma Center
- Expansion underway adding an additional 70 beds
- Pursuing certification as the region’s only Level I Trauma Center
- Currently hosting 3rd and 4th year D.O. students (Auburn University) with plans to engage in GME offerings in 2023
- Named among the top 10% in the nation by Healthgrades for cardiac surgery, joint replacement, and patient safety
- Listed as 4th highest in the nation for infection prevention by Consumer Reports
- Area’s only accredited Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center and cardiac program offering open heart surgery, Watchman, and TAVR
- Reputable and stable – HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare and is comprised of more than 180 hospitals and 1,800 sites of care in 21 states and the U.K.
The Greater Fort Walton Beach area is known for being a family friendly, southern town and is located between Pensacola and Panama City, along Florida’s panhandle known as the Emerald Coast. The Emerald Coast has some of the most beautiful, white sand beaches in the world. The popular family vacation destination of Destin is only a few miles away and offers world-class fishing, golf courses, shopping, restaurants, and of course, more white sand beaches. The Fort Walton Beach area is an ideal place to raise a family, boasting exceptional public schools consistently ranking among the top school districts in the state. In addition, the area offers a variety of fine arts including the symphony and ballet, and recreational activities to include boating, fishing and watersports