$4,301 – $7,040 a month
Full Job Description
The Clinical Psychologist I assures that psychological evaluations, individual, group and family therapies are provided to those patients who require and can benefit from these services; provides input into the psychological factors and treatment needs of patients to treatment teams as assigned, and is involved in providing staff training and in the development of psychoeducational groups and classes on the treatment unit. May also supervise the work of others as assigned. Serves on committees throughout the facility as needed and provides backup for the Supervising Psychologist as needed. Actively participates and/or serves in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disasters response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation.
1. Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
2. Administers and interprets psychological tests and conducts diagnostic assessments.
3. Writes and reviews psychological reports for completeness and accuracy.
4. Provides individual or group therapy for the adult acute psychiatric population and/or other possible specialty populations.
5. Oversees the design and implementation of special treatment programs.
6. Directs psychological activities and programs.
7. May develop and plan behavior training programs.
8. May perform forensic evaluations.
9. Performs related work as assigned.
10. Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
1. Knowledge of and skills in interviewing techniques with individuals and families and knowledge of current DSM diagnostic criteria.
2. Broad based understanding of psychological/personality theory and severe and persistent mental illness in an adult acute/chronic extended setting.
3. Knowledge of administration, scoring, and interpretation of a variety of psychological tests, including personality and intellectual instruments.
4. Ability to integrate data and theory into a sound understanding of adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
5. Ability to convey understanding of patients and other information to others through clear and organized oral reporting and through written reports/notes using clear, concise, organized, literate and readable style.
6. Therapeutic skills in individual and group therapy, behavior therapy, and preferably family therapy; CBT and DBT preferred.
7. Thorough understanding of group process, ability to work with individuals and groups to consult on treatment team functioning.
8. Communication skills and interpersonal skills.
9. Understanding of principles of Continuous Quality Improvement and ethical standards.
Doctoral Psychology license in the State of Texas is required.
1. Doctoral Degree based upon a program of study whose content is primarily psychological in nature from an accredited institution of higher learning.
2. Psychology license at the doctoral level in the State of Texas is required.
3. Successfully completed education and training in clinical psychology and has documented training and supervised experience in group, individual and behavioral therapies, forensic psychology, psychological assessment, and psychological testing.
4. At least three years of experience in an adult psychiatric population preferred.
Applicants must pass a fingerprint criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, and registry checks including the Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Nurse Aid, Medication Aide and Employee Misconduct, and HHS OIG list of Excluded Individuals/Entities. Males between the ages of 18-25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for employment at a state-operated facility.
Salary Note: The salary offered will follow HHS starting salary guidelines which are typically made at or near the posted minimum of the salary range.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, healthcare workers are considered to be at significant risk for acquiring or transmitting hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), and influenza. All of these diseases are vaccine-preventable. As a result, state hospital policy requires employees be vaccinated according to their level of contact with patients. In the event you choose to not be immunized for the influenza virus, you may be required to wear a mask and take other protective measures.
All new hire candidates will be required to receive COVID-19 medical screening (nasal test) as part of the due diligence process.
Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include, but not limited to: 67D, 71F, 73B, 230X, MED10, 42PX. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For more information see the Texas State Auditor’s Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form – Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
- Salary Offers $4,301 - $7,040 a month
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!