Full Job Description
The Psychologist I is a full-time, 80% (10 months) staff member who provides individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, and outreach to students, faculty, and staff. The Psychologist I serves as a mental health resource to individual students as a counselor, to faculty and staff as a consultant, and to the La Salle population at large as an integrated member of the community.
- Provide individual and group counseling and psychotherapy to La Salle students
- Provide crisis intervention and risk/safety assessment services in instances where students may require hospitalization or a higher level of care.
- Provide case management for own caseload and consultation with Director, Assistant Direction, part-time staff and trainees.
- Maintains a list of preferred outside providers and provides consultation with students and/or their family on access outside resources when needs are beyond the Student Counseling Center Scope of practice.
- Provides follow-up intervention and/or response to students seeking counseling through after-hours telephonic counseling service.
- Provide individual supervision to Doctoral interns and/or Masters Practicum students.
- Provide consultation and outreach services to faculty and professional staff.
- Develop and conduct workshops, group programs, educational activities, and outreach programs related to relevant mental health issues
- Maintain ethical and comprehensive clinical records.
- Participate actively in University governance through committee assignments.
- Participate in division and University programs, activities, ceremonies, and celebrations
- Foster a work environment that encourages knowledge, respect and development of skills to engage with diverse members of the La Salle community.
- Remain competent and current through understanding national trends in student mental health issues by developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development experiences, and attending training and/or courses required by the Director of the Student Counseling Center, Assistant Vice President for Student Wellness Services and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Division of Student Affairs by performing all other duties assigned by the Director of the Student Counseling Center and/or Assistant Vice President for Student Wellness Services
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, including a supervised internship
- Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Two years of counseling, consultation, outreach, case management, and clinical supervision experience in a University Counseling Center.
- Two years of experience in management and staff supervision.
- Experience with crisis intervention and risk/safety management required.
- Ability to handle a large caseload effectively (30+ clients/wk).
- Ability to function effectively and collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience serving as a mental health consultant preferred.
- An understanding of the mental health needs of college students and campus best practices.
- Specialty in an area or areas that are pertinent to the population (e.g. experience with trauma, eating disorders, etc).
- Demonstrated skills in providing compassionate, ethical, professional, optimistic, culturally sensitive and nonjudgmental care.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in an urban setting.
- No specific physical requirements.
- Some evening and weekend work required at department and university events.
- After-hours consultation required as needed for crisis case management.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!