We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Part – Time Psychologist to provide a broad range of counseling services for employees and their family members. You will work within Laboratory policies and DOE requirements, as well as state and federal laws and regulations. This position includes providing consultation to management, supervisors and occupational health staff on behavioral health, human reliability and work related psychological issues; perform behavioral health counseling, assessments, and referrals for employees, family members and groups for personal and work-related problems; integrate needs of the employee, organization, and work unit to minimize work-site impact while maintaining continuity and quality of care for the clients; and provide crisis intervention, case management and critical incident stress debriefings for both management and general staff. This position is in the Health Services Department’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP), within the ES&H Directorate and will be provided via telehealth.
In this role you will
- Perform individual and couple counseling on issues including substance abuse, depression, anxiety, relationship problems and work-related concerns
- Conduct clinical interviews and evaluation for persons in safety and security sensitive positions including incorporating psychological testing
- Provide employee assistance services, including presentations, to Laboratory employees and management and facilitate appropriate interventions and determine appropriate mental health treatments
- Consult with other occupational health professionals on behavioral health aspects of occupational and non-occupational injury cases.
- Provide crisis intervention/critical incident stress management consultation to groups
- Provide services remotely via telehealth protocols as well as onsite, in person services
- Perform duties consistent with the American Psychological Association (APA) Ethical Guidelines, or other professional guidelines and Employee Assistance Professional Association (EAPA) standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Doctorate in psychology and experience working as a counselor.
- Current California license as a Psychologist (e.g., PsyD, PhD).
- Experience with MMPI interpretation and psychological assessment.
- Minimum of 5 years post-licensure with active employment as a psychologist
- Experience with MMPI interpretation and psychological assessment
- Extensive experience assessing and addressing personal and work-related challenges, substance misuse and abuse issues, career and life transitions, marital, family and personal stress and the emotional impact of illness focusing on health and productivity management
- Demonstration of good presentation skills
- Extensive training and experience in mental health, substance abuse/chemical dependency counseling, clinical assessment, and organizational issues
- Experience assessing workplace threats and providing critical incident stress debriefings
Qualifications We Desire
- California license as a Psychologist (e.g., PsyD, PhD). Experience with US DOE and/or high security clearance issues as well as Department of Energy Designated Psychologist.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) status or CEAP eligible.
- Experience with drug-free workplace programs and DOT regulated programs.
- Competence with cognitive functioning screening and evaluation.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
- Information Technology & Services
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
- Health Care Provider