Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring, and dedicated Psychometrist to join our team and help us continue our tradition of excellence.
We pride ourselves in retaining our top talent by offering work environments that support professional development and personal success. In addition to our robust healthcare and retirement plans, we offer:
- Onsite children’s care centers (Infant through Pre-K)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free access to fitness centers, where health coaches are available to help with workout plans
- Career advancement opportunities and competitive pay
As a Psychometrist, you will play a critical role in continuing the healing mission of Deaconess.
Administer and score neuropsychological, psychological, personality and academic tests for patients with mild to severe traumatic brain injury, neurological diseases, psychological health issues or learning disabilities. Consistently performs in a manner that exemplifies Deaconess standards for customer relations and patient satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and score psychological tests as defined.
- Assists clinical psychologists in selection of test to be administered. Trouble-shoot difficult testing situations and administer tests that are developmentally appropriate for the child.
- Adapt the administration of test to the specific needs of each patient while staying within the standardized procedures set forth for each specific test.
- Score tests administered, including objective personality tests administered by Psychologist.
- Provide a written summary of the patient’s behavior during testing, including any interactions with the patient’s parents or peers that may be observed incidentally.
- Provide data for Psychologists which will contribute to the assessment of a patient’s needs, the organization’s capability to provide care or treatment and the appropriate level of care.
- Complies with Standards of Employee Conduct and the Deaconess Clinic Compliance Program.
- Participates in networking and marketing activities to maintain and grow patient referral base.
What You Will Need
A bachelor’s degree in psychology or another health science field is required along with specialized training and experience in the areas of psychometrics and assessment procedures.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tri-state area and has been recognized as the #2 Hospital in Indiana and named Best Place to Work in 2020. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We truly value our employees. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love!
Location: DHS · Psychology – DC
Schedule: Full Time – 80, Day