Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Registered Behavior Technician Job Description
Description: Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) provide implementation of Individualized Behavior Plans under the direct supervision of a BCBA, BCBA-D, BCaBA, or Licensed Professional. The RBT provides the following services: implementation of teaching skills, interventions for behavior reduction, data collection of all deceleration and acceleration programs, and training the caregiver/guardian. Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) principles are used by the RBT to teach individuals diagnosed with language, communication, behavioral, and developmental disorders.
- Follow company Policies and Procedures
- Ability to implement and follow directions from behavior analysts
- Ability to communicate with staff members and supervisors on implementation and progress of plan
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in working with family members/caregivers/guardians
- Review the Individualized Behavior Plan for each client they are assigned and other relevant information developed and provided by the behavior analyst for implementation
- Teach and implement skills set forth in the individual’s Individualized Behavior Plan
- Collect data daily on all assigned clients
- Complete daily progress notes and any other documentation requested by the behavior analyst or funding sources
- Communicate and provide training and support to the caregivers on implementing ABA principles and strategies in the plan
- Under the guidance of the behavior analyst, provide support as needed to include creating teaching skills, graphing, developing reports, skill probes, functional skill assessments, curricular assessments
- Respond to voicemail messages and emails daily (business days/hours)
- Ensure completion of documentation using the electronic platform provided
- Ensure all missing/required documentation is provided to the Administrative Assistant and/or behavior analyst
- Assist in community-building activities and participation in local events, including ZÖe events
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Between 3:00 pm and 6:00pm; Monday through Friday
Location: RBTs are required to work in all settings such as schools, daycares, homes, community, and at ZÖe Center, as well as attend events in the community and other establishments set by the behavior analyst for the purpose of development.
Training Requirements and Supervision: RBTs are trained on the responsibilities listed above and supervised by the behavior analyst and Clinical Director.
Qualifications: RBTs are required to have the following qualifications:
1. RBT Certification
2. Minimum High School Diploma, BA/BS degree preferred
3. Driver’s License and valid transportation
4. CPR/BLS and AED Certification
5. Strong verbal and written communication
6. Time management, organizational skills, and problem solving capabilities
7. Team player that works collaboratively and compassionately with others, including caregivers
8. At least 1-2 years of experience with individuals with disabilities or challenges
9. Ability to learn computer systems and input data
10. Willingness to drive to and from clients’ homes within 30 minutes of your location
**Must have at least 10 hours a week available (consistent open schedule Monday-Friday).
Position Documentation Requirements: RBTs are required to provide and maintain the following required documentation:
- Proof of Education (Degree or Diploma)
- Copy of Driver’s License and Car Insurance
- Copy of Social Security card
- Copy of RBT Certification
- Background screening
- CPR Certification
Why Choose ZÖe Center for ABA and Development Services?
- Accredited by BHCOE
- Collaborative and Team-Oriented work environment
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible schedule
- Bonusly (Employee Incentive Program)
- RBT and ABA Student Support
- Ongoing Professional & Career Development
- Work-Life Balance (generous PTO and paid holidays for full-time RBTs)
- Outstanding Medical Benefit plan options for full-time RBTs: FREE health insurance(employee ONLY), Dental/Vision plans, Voluntary Life & Short-Term Disability options
- Sick Time, PTO, and 401K for full-time RBTs
Physical Requirements: Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, sitting) for extended periods of time. The physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Performance Evaluation: 90 day and annual evaluations will be provided as well as ongoing individual feedback.
1110 13th Street, Suite D, Columbus, Georgia 31901
ZOe Center for ABA and Development Services, LLC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Are you able to work in and around Opelika/Auburn area?
- Are you able to work from 3p to 6p Monday – Friday?
- developmental or intellectual disabilities: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Salary Offers From $18 an hour