About the job
Registered Nurse The Bradley Center – Pittsburgh, PA (Robinson Twp)
The Bradley Center operates a 96-bed residential treatment facility (RTF) located in Robinson Township where children with mental, emotional, intellectual, and behavioral disabilities receive 24 hour care and therapy. The children range in age from 6 to 18 and are primarily referred to Bradley from Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Treatment is conducted by multi-disciplinary teams that operate under the direction and supervision of a medical director who is a board certified psychiatrist. Intensive treatment plans direct the individualized treatment of each child. The Bradley Center follows the Sanctuary model of Trauma Informed Care.
We are seeking a motivated registered nurse with a high level of compassion and willingness to serve as a role model to residents, families and co-workers. The registered nurse is a valued part of the clinical team that delivers medical and psychotherapeutic care through assessment, planning and intervention.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Identifies and provides appropriate level of care and planning for both medical and psychiatric needs
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team meetings
- Administers medications and monitors for side effects
- Effectively communicates with coworkers, psychiatrists and pediatrician.
- Completes of documentation of treatment provided
- Provides ongoing education for clients and staff
Candidates are able to work a flexible schedule of all evening shifts 2-10PM.
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing and have a current PA nursing license.
- One year experience working in a psychiatric setting is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, sound judgement, and strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to work collaboratively along with the capacity to work independently.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a desire to excel.
Excellent benefits including
- Student loan repayment program (We contribute directly to employee’s student loan lenders monthly)
- Sign on bonus
- Referral bonuses
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in the first year of employment
- Health, dental and vision Coverage
- Life insurance
- Free parking and meals
- Opportunity for LPC supervision
- Advanced training opportunities and continuing education credits
We are committed to advocacy for children with special needs, care and compassion, and focusing on the inherent strengths of children, youth and families without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or gender.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Individual & Family Services
- Mental Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Salary Offers $52,000/yr - $81,000/yr
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work