About the job
Supervise, engage and support adolescent consumers in a residential setting. Responsible to ensure medication monitoring and education, progress on Master Treatment Plan, personal care skill development, age appropriate group, leisure and recreational activities. To be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with families, program psychiatrist, and other mental health providers.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, rehabilitation or a related field.
- Associate?s degree candidates currently enrolled in Bachelor’s degree programs and with additional experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- High School Graduates with additional specific experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- High School Diploma ? five (5) years full time experience working with youth in group setting or demonstrate attributes and experience which enable the residence counselor to work appropriately with youth diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
- Associates Degree ? one (1) year experience working with youth in a group setting, or as above.
- Bachelor’s Degree ? no experience necessary.
- Basic understanding of mental health services and role of residence counselors in mental health services.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Medical Practice
- Hospital & Health Care
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work