8/2/2021 (8:00 PM EDT)
Social Service Worker I
Pay Grade 13
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet | Department of Juvenile Justice
West District 4
319 West 10th Street, Suite 101
Owensboro KY 42301 USA
The Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice is a multi-faceted agency that serves juveniles of the Commonwealth. While striving to hold youth accountable for their actions, the Department creates opportunities for sentenced, committed, probated, or detained youth to develop social and career skills that will equip them for re-entry into their communities as productive and responsible citizens.
The Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) seeks to serve youth in the least restrictive, appropriate placement possible. We aspire to be a premier team of professionals committed to providing life-changing services resulting in the positive transformation of children, families, and communities.
For more information about the Department of Juvenile Justice, please visit: https://djj.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx
This is a highly responsible position in the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet. The employee is expected to perform all duties to the best of their ability, act in a responsible manner at all times, demonstrate leadership qualities, and treat all staff, youth, and persons with respect. This is a demanding position that requires maturity, reliability, and self-discipline. Career growth and advancement are encouraged through training and mentoring opportunities.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following
- Provides entry level professional social work services to juvenile offenders and their families as a result of risk and needs assessment.
- Conducts risk and needs assessments for the purpose of treatment planning and aftercare planning.
- Enters case contacts and information in the youth’s electronic file.
- Completes court reports, treatment plans aftercare plans, case/phase reviews and other reports as part of case management services.
- Participates in case conferences and maintains contact with youth in placement.
- Provides liaison services with community agents and agencies regarding ongoing treatment efforts for juveniles. Makes referrals for services.
- Minimum travel may be required.
- Required to be on call 24/7 and respond to emergency situations.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, marriage and family therapy or a related field.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): If appointed to the Cabinet for Families and Children or to the Department of Juvenile Justice, an employee in this classification must furnish to the appointing authority within one month of appointment documentation that he/she possesses a valid driver’s license and must maintain a valid driver’s license for the length of employment in this classification
Performs job duties in an office/facility or residential program setting and visits clients and/or families at their residence. Provides emergency services on 24-hour basis, including accepting referrals and completing investigations at any hour without prior warning. As a result of enforced intervention, the worker runs the risk of physical harm.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 9 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Teresa Henry at TeresaA.Henry@ky.gov or (270) 687-7101.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
- Government Administration