- Shift: Day
- Status: Part-Time
Our team of champions at Life Care Center of Kirkland, Washington, is proud to have been named Best Nursing Home not just once but twice! Newsweek Magazine named us a Best Nursing Home for 2021, and U.S. News & World Report named us a Best Nursing Home for Short-Stay Rehab for 2020-2021.
During the COVID-19 outbreak in early 2020, our team rose to the challenge and proved their dedication to caring for our residents. It is through teamwork and commitment we are standing strong today. We are always looking for great talent to join our award-winning team as we look to the future!
The Social Services Assistant provides assistance to the Social Services department to ensure all medically related emotional and social needs of patients are met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, And Licensure Requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Prior health care experience preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to assist with the social services program to meet the medically related social and emotional needs of patients as well as Federal, State, corporate, and division guidelines
- Must be able to document appropriately and timely, according to State law
- Must be able to assist social worker(s) in supporting patients and families through education, financial planning assistance, liaison with community agencies, etc.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services