We are currently looking for a qualified, experienced candidates to fill an available position of Social Worker, Anti-Trafficking – Brooklyn.
We welcome applications from qualified applicants, and also encourage you to utilize your professional and personal networks to identify individuals who would be a good fit for this position.
Please see the partial job description for this position below, and application instructions.
Safe Horizon’s Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP) applies a multi-tiered approach to eradicating human trafficking. First, we provide intensive case management, supportive counseling and legal services to holistically meet the needs of trafficked persons. While recognizing that client services alone will not turn the tide on human trafficking, our Anti-Trafficking Program also offers a range of services including community education, technical assistance, training and advocacy to foster systemic change.
The Masters Level Social Worker provides both direct and indirect social service-related assistance to survivors of human trafficking.
· Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients.
· Provide trauma informed, client centered intensive case management through support, advocacy, and linkages with community service providers as well as local, state and federal law enforcement to a caseload of approximately 25-40 foreign national and domestic (U.S. citizen) clients.
· Provide short-term and long-term trauma focused supportive counseling to survivors of human trafficking.
· Assist in the design of formal client activities to foster community and develop leadership skills, including support groups.
· Maintain thorough case files and prepare monthly narrative and case management reports for funders.
· Timely and accurately enter all client services-related data into both internal CMS and external funder databases for semi-annual grant reporting
· Collaborate and coordinate services and referrals with internal program attorneys, external partners (law enforcement, public benefits offices, shelter system, and others) to provide a continuum of care for clients.
· Advocate for clients’ rights to protect the best interests of the client, including in both the civil and criminal justice systems
· Engage in service coordination and collaboration with clients and community partners to ensure effective protective actions and strategies are taken on behalf of clients.
· Conduct outreach and training presentations to identified communities and providers, informing them about human trafficking, the impact of trafficking-related trauma on victims and the services that the Anti-Trafficking Program provides, in collaboration with the Training and Outreach Manager
· Participate in community forums, panels, working groups, and anti-trafficking networks.
· Active participation in bi-weekly staff meetings, individual supervision and group supervision.
- Counseling experience, especially from a trauma informed and client centered framework.
- Prior direct service experience with one or more of the following populations/issues: trafficked persons, immigrants, survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault, refugees, and/or torture survivors.
- Adept at managing relationships with various levels of the government and law enforcement.
- Comfort consistently reflecting on client work, discussing challenges in supervision, and integrating supervisor guidance.
- Excellent and effective writing skills, organization and communication skills required as well as computer skills.
- Prior experience and current interest in organizing and executing group trainings
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team comprised of legal staff, social workers, community trainers, survivor advocates leaders, policy advocates and administrative staff
- MSW and at least one year of experience working with trafficking survivors or similar populations.
- Non-profit Organization Management