We are currently looking for a qualified, experienced candidates to fill an available position of Social Worker, DV Shelter Manhattan.
We welcome applications from qualified applicants, and also encourage you to utilize your professional and personal networks to identify individuals who would be a good fit for this position.
Please see the partial job description for this position below, and application instructions.
The Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter programs offer a comprehensive range of services including counseling, advocacy, intervention, and support to meet the needs of victims and their families.
Essential Job Functions:
The Social Worker—is responsible for the following:
· Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti- oppressive lens, into the work with clients
· Conduct client intakes, safety assessment and risk management
· Complete a Family Assessment for each family entering shelter. Family Assessment includes mental health screenings for adults and adolescents
· Use safety assessment and risk management (SARM) when conducting family and mental health assessments by prioritizing engagement and risks, understanding triggers and protective strategies, and connecting clients to appropriate mental health services as needed
· Carry a small caseload of families to provide ongoing supportive counseling
· Provide direct client services, including complex case management and consultation, crisis intervention and advocacy on behalf of and in partnership with clients
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation and case files, including reports for funders, utilizing an electronic case record system
· Facilitating/Co-facilitating and overseeing the content of adult support groups
· Acting as a liaison to and advocating with outside agencies
· Overseeing the development and maintenance of responsible safety plans, SARM procedures and practices, case-plans and required case records
· Assisting in designing and conducting training/presentations and developing resources for staff and members of community from other agencies as needed
· Developing and maintaining linkages with current, local resources
· Other related duties as assigned
Supervisory Reports: Provides direct supervision to Childcare .
Total Staff: (1).
· There is the opportunity to obtain clinical hours and receive supervision with an LCSW
- A Master’s degree in social work.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, good oral and written communication skills
- knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence, child abuse and neglect and sexual abuse
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Non-profit Organization Management