Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center is looking for a Social Worker, to join our Case Management Team. We are a member of the Trinity Health Of New England family bringing compassionate care to our communities.
The medical Social Worker will work collaboratively with patients, families and the medical team to ensure patients recover and achieve optimal well-being. The social worker is responsible for preforming psychosocial assessments to determine patient care needs and helps connect patients to resources within the community. The Social Worker is responsible for providing direct Social Work services to patients/families throughout the hospital setting. Assessing patient/families for Social Work intervention upon admission & throughout discharge.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health of New England:
- Great benefits
- Competitive pay
- Mission-Driven Team Environment
You Will Be Responsible For
- Exceptional Patient Care: Performs assessments, provides support to patients and families and is a patient advocate to assure appropriate cares is received.
- Excellent Communicator: Effectively communicates with patients, families and the integrated clinical team to ensure everyone understands the needs of the patient to ensure a safe discharge plan is created.
- Case/Care Management: Performs psychosocial assessments and interviews to develop safe discharge plans on complex patients. Supports and advocates for patients, makes referrals to appropriate agencies all while exploring financial alternatives, as needed.
- Active Teamwork: Participates in a positive manner in interdisciplinary rounds, conferences, committees, and team meetings
- Education: Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- Valid social work license from the State of Connecticut, minimally at the MSW level. LCSW Preferred
- Two (2) years of related professional experience required. Fieldwork placements may be substituted in place of one (1) year of experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
About Trinity Health Of New England
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute care. We aim to deliver top level care to increase our community’s overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do so.
Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick time, and professional advancement just to name a few.
Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to each hospital.
Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider