Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Social Worker LCSW PRN today with Parham Doctors’ Hospital.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Parham Doctors’ Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Social Worker LCSW PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Social Worker/Counselor provides case management and therapy services to patients and their families, as a member of a multidisciplinary team. Therapeutic interventions are focused on assessment, crisis stabilization, psycho-therapy, and discharge planning.
- You will provide initial and ongoing psychosocial assessments for patients/families having complex psychosocial needs. Ensure patient is progressing towards desired outcomes and identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care.
- Collaborate with the health care team and develop treatment goals and plans intervention that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of psychiatric illnesses, engagement in high-risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
- You will provide crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patient’s and family’s problem solving and coping skills.
- Participate in the therapeutic process by conducting psychotherapy group and individual therapy for patients as well as patient families.
- You will collaborate with community agencies to provide services to assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial, educational, home health, and home medical equipment needs of patients/families post discharge. Ensure every patient has discharge appointments set at discharge and discharge planning is started at admission.
What qualifications you will need:
- The equivalent of 1 year of experience is required, which can include a graduate level practicum. Experience must be focused in the area of inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, crisis prevention, or outpatient practice.
- Three years’ experience preferred working directly with outpatient psychiatric care patients with medical social worker or counseling knowledge.
- Master’s Degree is required from an accredited social work or counseling program.
- Must possess LCSW or other appropriate licensure in the State of Virginia
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor licensure is approved by the state of Virginia to do supervision for unlicensed, masters prepared social workers or counselors is preferred. Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) also preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital has provided quality healthcare services to the Richmond community since 1974. We give patient’s access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 340-bed hospital is one of the region’s leading acute care facilities. The hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women’s health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center. As part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we drive the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards. The awards include Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, and Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award. We have many other Five-Star clinical achievements recognizing our heart, stroke, and critical care programs.
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Social Worker LCSW PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.