Social Worker – LMSW
If you are looking for a full time position, this could be your opportunity. Here at Samaritan Hospital, a part of St. Peter’s Health Partners, we care for more people in more places than one. This position, including salary, fringe benefits, equipment, necessary mileage, and more!
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
What You Will Do
The LMSW/Licensed Mental Health Counselor is responsible for providing services to victims/survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence, stalking, physical assault, and other crimes, and to secondary victims of crime. These services may include: assistance with completing New York State Office of Victim Services compensation claims, crisis counseling and short-term counseling, advocacy, and accompaniment through the criminal, family, and civil court proceedings. The position specifically focuses efforts on providing services to individuals with co-occurring substance abuse and trauma histories. This position will be based out of select outpatient substance abuse programs and will require minimal local travel. In addition, this position assists with taking calls and responding to crisis situations on the programs 24-hour hotline.
- Direct supportive services to victims/survivors of crime: collaboration with local substance abuse providers within the St Peters’ Health Partners network
- Provide direct, supportive services to victims/survivors of crime including but not limited to crisis intervention, advocacy, counseling, and NYS Office of Victim Services compensation assistance.
- Assists with staffing the programs 24-hour hotline (minimum of 2, 12-hour shifts per month).
- Collaboration with Law Enforcement agencies.
- Perform outreach and build relationships with law enforcement agencies throughout Rensselaer and Albany counties.
- Sustain relationships in order to connect clients to needed services.
- Collaboration with the New York State Office of Victim Services.
- Perform outreach and build relationships with the New York State Office of Victim Services to ensure that channels remain open for appropriate follow up on compensation claims for clients.
- Sustain relationships in order to best serve clients
What You Will Need
- A Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental health Counseling or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Social Work is required.
- NYS LMSW or LCSW licensure is required.
- Previous experience working with victims of crime for a minimum of two years is required.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and the Office of Victim Services is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to meet with clients at other locations, to attend any required meetings, and to provide education/outreach programs.
- Sexual Assault Counselor certification by the New York State Department of Health is required for this position to provide crisis intervention, victim advocacy, and counseling services (note – if the colleague does not already possess this certification, it will be provided by the program at no cost).
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care