Why work for WesleyLife At Home?
WesleyLife At Home provides integrated solutions to support health and well-being for older adults wherever they call home. We bring the convenience of quality, compassionate care to the safety and comfort of client homes. Our service lines include Home Health, Hospice, In-Home Services, Meals on Wheels. Public Health, and Wesley Wheels. We’re proud to offer flexible schedules that help our team members achieve a healthy work/life balance. We also offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, clear job responsibilities, opportunities for advancement, and a positive, friendly working environment.
If you’re ready for a job that will enhance your sense of purpose and meaning in your life, we would love to welcome you to WesleyLife At Home!
This position will work with clients of WesleyLife At Home in central Iowa. This role will be required to take visits in the following counties: Polk, Dallas, Warren, Story, Jasper, Marion, Cass, Washington, Audubon, Guthrie, Adair, Hamilton, Boone, Poweshiek and Marshall.
As a Social Worker with WesleyLife At Home, you will:
- Explain WesleyLife At Home services to clients and families.
- Visit client homes (wherever they call home) to assess the psychosocial status, safety concerns, and bereavement risk factors of client and family/caregiver related to client needs and environment.
- Communicate findings to a registered nurse case manager and other team members.
- Carry out social evaluations and plan interventions based on findings.
- Counsel client and family/caregiver as needed regarding stress and other identified coping difficulties.
- Provide information and referral services for WesleyLife clients and families/caregivers regarding financial, practical, and environmental needs.
- Serve as liaison with clients and families/caregivers and care providers or community agencies.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with other service providers to support client care.
- Maintain and develops contacts with public and private agencies as resources for client and team members.
- Participate in developing the plan of care and attends regularly scheduled meetings.
- Participate in caregiver, placement, and discharge planning when needed, including discharge to a higher level of care.
- Assist clients and families/caregivers to secure durable power of attorney as needed.
- Complete regular online learning requirements and participates in other continuing education programs as identified.
Benefits Of Working For WesleyLife At Home
- Scholarships, tuition reimbursement, and discounted tuition with Purdue Global University
- Mileage reimbursement
- Free Wellness membership at our Communities for Healthy Living
- Multiple team member discount programs/perks
- Referral bonus program
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
WesleyLife believes in the value of diversity within our workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Because of our commitment to your health and well-being, you will be required to successfully complete a pre-hire health assessment and drug screen before beginning employment.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care