Eisenstein Flaherty (EF) is recruiting for an excellent social worker interested in a “Resident Care Manager” position in a large Independent Living community in Needham. This is North Hill, a beautiful Continuing Care Retirement (CCRC) community. This social worker will combine great case management, psycho-social, and family skills as leader of an interdisciplinary team providing service to the IL resident population. A full job description is belw. The salary range is 73K-90K per year based on experience.
Full Job Description
Resident Care Manager
For over 35 years, North Hill, a not-for-profit senior living community located in Needham, Massachusetts, has provided vibrant living opportunities to people 65+ by offering a host of hospitality, wellness and health care services. This role will report to the Director of Resident Care.
The Resident Care Manager serves as a liaison for Residents and families requiring social service support, case management, and transitions of care across the campus continuum, which includes Independent Living, Enhanced Independent Living, and Skilled Nursing. He or she will understand care management, whole person wellness, operational goals and financial goals of North Hill and facilitate them through effective stakeholders and partnerships across campus. The Resident Care Manager must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and have the ability to communicate well with team members, residents and their families and have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. The Resident Care Manager will report directly to the Director of Resident Care Management.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Serves as an educator of residents, families and team members about the working of social services and care management across the continuum of North Hill, including Crescent Heights, Vista Terrace and Pines Edge.
- Support the execution of resident health management and care transition plans with the Care Coordination Team.
- Facilitate collaboration across the North Hill campus to maximize quality of life for residents by ensuring smooth and efficient transitions.
- Lead family members and care teams in determining “the right care in the right place at the right time.” Strike balance between encouraging movement through continuum when appropriate and honoring resident preferences.
- Collaborate in the medical assessment process for applicants to North Hill Independent Living.
- Collaborate with the Care Coordination Committee, North Hill Home Support, North Hill Medicare-Certified Home Health, and PurposeFULL Living teams to create new programs, services and approaches that proactively impact resident wellness and health management.
- Broad clinical experience in working with a well senior population and seniors/families managing chronic illnesses.
- Expertise in clinical assessment and treatment and in family and group dynamics with knowledge of current best practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management and care coordination, reimbursement trends, the post-acute continuum of care with proven ability to work across product lines to facilitate collaboration, team process and efficiencies on behalf of residents and families.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Excellent relationship building.
- Proficient in delivering presentations to groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health industry trends, broad experience across continuum of care.
- Understanding the needs and preferences of older individuals living in the community.
- Effective program development skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Provide social work case management services to Independent Living Residents with varying chronic and short term health needs.
- Coordinate with private home care agencies providing supports to Residents at North Hill.
- Respond to and support the coordination of North Hill community responses to crises in which psychosocial interventions and/or follow-up are needed.
- Consult with physicians, the consulting psychiatrist and other members of the health team for the purpose of assisting them to understand the significant social, emotional and environmental factors related to the Resident’s health issues and adjustment.
- Provides social work services, when needed, to the certified home health patients in the community in compliance with the Medicare and DPH regulations and agency policies.
- Participate in assessment/health qualification processes of potential Independent Living Residents.
- Establish relationships with residents and family members, and team members, and provide education on the role of care coordination and the social work role at North Hill.
- Facilitate Resident transitions through the continuum of care, working with the Team Members, Residents, and family to facilitate smooth transitions between levels of care.
- Collaborate with PurposeFULL Living and North Hill Home Supports to provide educational opportunities for residents on wellness and health management topics.
- Provide educational opportunities for team members on care coordination topics to offer new knowledge and augment current knowledge base.
- Monitor and enforce care management policies for consistency across the campus.
- Ensure efficacy of software documentation systems to implement effective care coordination systems and communication. Implement related policy and procedures, define training requirements and ensure training delivery to all team members.
Support Care Related Strategic Initiatives
- Build and maintain external relationships with key community and business partners, such as health care providers, payers and purchasers.
- Participate in promoting the post-acute continuum (PAC) of care through networking and external partnerships.
- Collaborate across departments to achieve program and operational initiatives.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full time, Monday – Friday with infrequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day; no out-of-the-area or overnight travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work. LICSW is required or relevant CCRC experience preferred.
- Previous management experience is preferred
- Stable work history in a professional setting
- Ability to communicate efficiently with staff, Residents and families
- At least 3-5 years of progressive clinical and leadership experience to include combination of case management and clinical programming.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Proven track record of establishing strong referral relationships and participation in community networking and professional associations
- Certification in Case Management is a plus
- Experience working with people with cognitive loss is a plus
North Hill offers:
Health & Dental Benefits
401K with company match
Career Development Training
Employee Referral Program
Healthcare Academy Training
Submit resumes in confidence or
- Salary Offers $73,000 - $90,000 a year