Social Worker – Troy, NY – full time
If you are looking for a position as a Social Worker in the Troy area, full time, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter’s Health Partner’s, we care for more people in more places.
- Recognized leader: Magnet Hospital in the Capital Region
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
- Work/Life: Monday – Friday
What will you do:
Ambulatory Care Behavioral Health Social Worker provides advanced clinician social work services, care planning, case management, and community resource coordination to patients and their families who utilize inpatient and outpatient medical services. The Social Worker is also responsible for ensuring Integrated Care is delivered to the patient’s on panel. Integrated Care is a person-centered, interconnected health system where care coordination for the continuum is a centrally led taking the burden of navigating the healthcare continuum off the patient. The work involves the use of motivational interviewing, assessment and clinical interventions aimed at positively affecting the physical, cognitive, and emotional functioning of patients and their families. The social worker is also a core member of the Collaborative Care team. The Collaborative Care Model is an Evidence Based Practice that uses a care team including medical provider and psychiatric consultant, as well as the larger primary care team or medical team to treat mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety in a primary care setting. The work involves facilitating patient engagement and education, provide brief evidence based therapeutic interventions, review cases with psychiatric consult, create relapse prevention plans, and systematically track treatment responses,
The Social Work actively participates in QI initiatives within the hospital ambulatory setting. The Behavioral Health Social Worker plays a significant role within our Accountable Care Organizations and assisting members in our accountable care organization where we are responsible for ensuring the highest outcomes, satisfaction and value in the total cost of care as well as our most vulnerable community members in mitigating Social Influencers of Health and making valuable connections to CBO’s as well as Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder resources and any other needs within the Social Work Scope of Practice. Responsibilities also include: collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team and delivering Integrated Care, quality outcomes and ensuring appropriate utilization of resources.
What You Will Need
- Masters in Social Work/LMSW required
- Three years previous clinical experience in Medical, Psychiatric or Health Care Setting required. Two years post MSW preferred.
- In depth knowledge of Healthcare, Healthcare Delivery: including but not limited to Acute Care, Continuing Care, and Ambulatory Care Services.
- Knowledge of IHANY, ACO’s, MSSP clientele, Health Literacy, Community Resources, at risk populations and Advanced Payment Models in an effort to prevent sub-optimal use of Healthcare and in alignment with Trinity’s Priority Triple Aim.
- Knowledge of community resources required.
- Proven leadership ability as a team leader of groups, committees, and or project development.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care