Full Job Description
- Requisition no: 515851
- Work type: Part Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: CUIMC Student Health Services
- Grade: Grade 106
- Categories: Health/Clinical
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 30
- Salary Range:
The Staff Psychiatrist provides psychiatric evaluation and treatment of students on the Columbia University Irving Medical Center Campus, participates in the on-call service, and provides crisis intervention, as needed. This is a part-time salaried position.
- Provide psychiatric evaluation and psychopharmacological treatment as well as consultation and referral to community-based treatment providers when appropriate.
- Provide care in an interpersonally and culturally sensitive manner.
- Document care as prescribed by law and in accordance with best practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement.
- Participate in the after-hours emergency on-call service.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed.
- Doctorate in Medicine. Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Psychiatry. Candidate will possess a New York State medical license. Candidates will be Board Certified in adult psychiatry.
- Experience working with patients on a psychiatric inpatient unit, or the functional equivalent.
- Demonstrated competence in crisis intervention, assessing need for psychiatric hospitalization, handling psychiatric emergencies, and supervising referral for inpatient care.
- Demonstrated competence in use of best practices for diagnostic evaluation and psychopharmacological treatment.
- Prior experience working in a university mental health service or a comparable healthcare system.
- Prior experience in urgent care coordination and high risk psychological evaluations.
- Prior experience with, and/or additional training in, the psychiatric care of young adults with the following subspecialties: eating disorders, multicultural or cross-cultural treatment, and substance abuse/dependence.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Jul 07 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work