About the job
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is currently seeking an Outpatient Staff Psychiatrist for the Allred Unit in Iowa Parks, TX. This position is Monday- Friday and offers a hybrid schedule for onsite and telepsych.
TTUHSC Managed Care has a partnership with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to provide all medical healthcare, behavioral healthcare, dental, vision, and pharmacy services to incarcerated offenders in the Northern and Western Regions of the State of Texas. All of our benefits eligible positions offer excellent benefits and outstanding retirement options which includes a pension plan!
The Allred Unit, located in Wichita Falls, Texas is one of our 24-hour units with an onsite infirmary. This unit has the capacity to house up to 3,722 adult make inmates. This unit has approximately 1,344 inmates receiving outpatient psychiatric treatment.
Diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Provides professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate/patients. Insures that appropriate mental health care is accessible and provided to the inmate population in a timely fashion, regardless or segregation status. Renders judgement regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit according to TTUHSC Correctional Health Services Policies and Procedures, TDCJ Policies and Procedures, and American Correctional Association Standards. Works under general direction of the Regional Director of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgement.
Providers will see 14 patients per day, averaging 1 new admission or 3 follow up appointments per hour.
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% off premium for dependents.
- Optional Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
- And much more.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY to be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments.
- Higher Education
- Health Care Provider
- Salary Offers $250,000/yr - $275,000/yr
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work