- This position is eligible for a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus**
We are improving the lives we touch. We need passionate, talented people working together who share our desire to provide the best quality care to our patients and lead the fight against the opioid epidemic. We are prepared to treat the entire disease, not just a piece of it.
Green Bay CTC, located in Green Bay, WI, is part of Acadia Healthcare’s Comprehensive Treatment Centers, the leading provider of medication-assisted treatment in the nation. Our counseling team provides compassionate, high-quality counseling and therapy to patients that are seeking recovery from Opioid Use Disorder. Our mission is to provide full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications. Our team is the front line of our fight against the opiate epidemic.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employer paid clinical supervision for candidates seeking *Please enter in the licensure or certification your clinic can provide supervision for SAC-IT, SAC, CSAC, LPC-IT*
- Opportunity for growth that is second to none in the industry
Your Job As a Substance Abuse Counselor
The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient’s treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and group counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan, oversee, facilitate and document their patient’s recovery as well as provide leadership and guidance for the activities of other personnel.
We have daily shifts that allow our employees to have stable schedules and enjoy quality time away from the facility. Shift hours are early mornings from 6am – 2:30pm mon-fri and occasional Saturdays, allowing you to enjoy a great work/life balance.
Your Responsibilities As a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conduct group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepare an individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provide crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluate patient’ needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills And Qualifications As a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in social or health services field from an accredited college or university
- Previous experience in counseling field instruction/internship or similar practicum through education or certification process preferred
- SAC-IT, SAC, CSAC, LCSW, LPC, LPC-IT, LMFT, or LMFT-IT. IND01
- Mental Health Care
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider