$25.45 – $29.94 an hour
Full Job Description
Under the supervision of the RRC Director, is responsible for providing clinical evaluation, impressions, brief intervention, referral to treatment (SBIRT), and case management services for patients referred for inpatient/outpatient alcohol/drug problems. Assists with individual, group, conjoint, and family counseling as assigned. Completes documentation timely to meet Bartlett Hospital and CMS standards. Works cooperatively to provide evidenced based practice. Prepares and conducts educational presentations on substance use for individuals, families, and community. Participates in other hospital committees and teams as appropriate. Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary duties include:
- Provide Clinical evaluation, impressions, brief intervention, referral to treatment (SBIRT), and case management under supervision.
- Conducts patient groups and records notes
- assists with individual, group, conjoint, family counseling, and assessments as assigned
- Resolves interpersonal conflicts in real time
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Confirmation of completion is required within 90 days of hire.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience as a Behavioral Health Counselor (Substance Abuse Treatment Counseling Preferred).
Substitution: Completion of two (2) years of post-high school behavioral health education may substitute for experience.
- Certified Alaska Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor by Certification Review Board as an Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselor within one (1) year of hire.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider within 60 days of hire.
- Techniques for Effective Aggression Management (TEAM) & Behavioral Emergency Response Team (BERT) training within 90 days of hire.
This is a Casual status position. Casual positions are on-call and the schedule will be variable based on department need, and is therefore not guaranteed. Please note: In lieu of fringe benefits, casual employees receive a $2 an hour casual differential in addition to their hourly base rate of pay. Casual employees will not be scheduled to work a full time schedule for more than four (4) consecutive months or more than 780 hours annually. Casual employees must work a minimum of one (1) shift within a 90 day period to maintain status and employment.
- Salary Offers $25.45 - $29.94 an hour
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!