- License eligible candidates encouraged to apply!**
We are improving the lives we touch. We need passionate, talented people working together who share our desire to provide the best quality care to our patients and lead the fight against the opioid epidemic. We are prepared to treat the entire disease, not just a piece of it.
Madison East CTC and Madison West CTC, located in Madison, Wisconsin, are a part of Acadia Healthcare’s Comprehensive Treatment Centers, the leading provider of medication-assisted treatment in the nation. Our counseling team provides compassionate, high-quality counseling and therapy to patients that are seeking recovery from Opioid Use Disorder. Our mission is to provide full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications. Our team is the front line of our fight against the opiate epidemic.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- These positions are eligible for a $2,000 Sign On Bonus
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Opportunity for growth that is second to none in the industry
- Acadia Healthcare works to partner with you in your professional growth. We are seeking candidates new to the substance use disorder field. We will also cover the $750 required to obain your license for you.
Your Job As a Substance Abuse Counselor
The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient’s treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and group counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan, oversee, facilitate and document their patient’s recovery as well as provide leadership and guidance for the activities of other personnel.
We have daily shifts that allow our employees to have stable schedules and enjoy quality time away from the facility. Shift hours are early mornings from 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM, allowing you to enjoy a great work/life balance.
Your Responsibilities As a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conduct group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepare an individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provide crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, insuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluate patient’ needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills And Qualifications As a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Bachelor’s degree in social or health services field is preferred
- OR Master’s degree in social or health services field, with 1 year professional work exp; degree must be from an accredited college or university.
- SAC-IT, SAC, CSAC, LCSW, LMFT, LMFT-IT, LPC, or LPC-IT preferred
- License eligible candidates encouraged to apply! IND02
- Mental Health Care
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider