We are improving the lives we touch. We need passionate, talented people working together who share our desire to provide the best quality care to our patients and lead the fight against the opioid epidemic. We are prepared to treat the entire disease, not just a piece of it.
Habit OPCO, located in West Lebanon, NH, is one of 127 outpatient addiction recovery centers nationwide. Acadia Comprehensive Treatment Centers is the leading provider of medication assisted treatment in the nation, servicing over 62,000 patients per day. Our counseling team provides compassionate, high quality counseling and therapy to patients that are seeking recovery from Opioid Use Disorder. Our mission is to provide full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications. Our team is the front line of our fight against the opiate epidemic.
- Members of our counseling team will enjoy full benefit eligibility, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching, company paid group term life insurance, paid vacation and sick time and an opportunity for growth that is second to none in the industry.
- Acadia Healthcare is committed to offering an enviable internal culture and environment that encourages and supports both professional and personal growth that you are proud of.
- This position is eligible for a $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
- Join our team by 7/21/2021, and apply to the STAR Loan Repayment Program by 7/22/2021 to be eligible for $250,000 in loan repayment.
Your Job As a Substance Abuse Counselor
The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient’s treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and group counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan, oversee, facilitate and document their patient’s recovery as well as provide leadership and guidance for the activities of other personnel.
We have daily shifts that allow our employees to have stable schedules and enjoy quality time away from the facility. Hours are 5:30 AM – 1:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
Your Responsibilities As a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conduct group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepare an individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provide crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluate patient’ needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills And Qualifications As a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Bachelor’s degree in social or health services field required
- Previous experience as a substance abuse counselor preferred
- CADC or LADC preferred
- Vermont issued Apprentice Addiction Professional (AAP) or eligible to obtain within 6 months of hire. IND01
- Mental Health Care
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider