We are seeking a compassionate and strong Substance Abuse Counselor at our center located in Winchester, Virginia. Our Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for gathering data, documenting problems and establishing course of treatment. Provides direct addiction treatment services to adult patients and family members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties that are assigned:
- Completing assessments, ITP’s, progress notes and other necessary paperwork associated with managing a caseload of 50 patients.
- Providing individual and group counseling using Evidence Based Practices.
- Assisting patients with defining and achieving realistic goals.
- Conducting monthly urinalysis screenings.
- Providing crisis interventions as needed.
- Assisting in peer-to-peer record audits.
- Ensuring patient confidentiality.
- Providing supportive counseling in conjunction with Medical and Nursing Services.
- Contributing to the ongoing assessment and treatment planning process through participation in daily reports, case reviews, and treatment team meetings.
This Role Offers
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits (Health, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with Company Match
- Career Growth & Advancement Opportunities
- Early Morning Hours – Enjoy your afternoons and weekends at home
- Continuing Education/ License Reimbursement
- Strong Support Network
- Supervision for substance abuse certification is offered on site at no additional cost to our employees.**
The most qualified candidates will possess the following:
The Most Qualified Candidates Will Possess The Following
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Counselors shall be licensed or certified by the applicable Virginia health regulatory board or by a nationally recognized certification board or eligible for this license or certification.
- min CSAC-S required, CSAC, Resident in Counseling, LPC, LCSW, or LSATP preferred.
- Experience treating opiate-addicted patients is a plus.
- Candidate must be willing to start early in the morning, as work hours start at 5:00 AM
- No legal impediments to serving in a licensed opiate treatment program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Mental Health Care
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider